Barstool Chicago Desserts Draft Grades

Round 1 Pick 1: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Eddie

This is your standard left tackle pick right here. It doesn't get the people going, but it is a pick that needs to be made. Down the road, you thank your GM for it. I love chocolate chip cookies and I am officially on team gooey. Crispy is good but nothing beats the goo.

Grade: A

Round 1 Pick 2: Apple Pie a la mode, Dave

I like the pick, but I really don't love it. It is a running back. Very replaceable. There are a ton of things I would have picked over it. 

Grade: B

Round 1 Pick 3: Chocolate Ice Cream, Big Cat

This is another pick I don't love in the first round. This reminds me of a center (Don't know why I keep doing football references, I guess I have it on the brain). Anyways, it reminds me of a center because it is a very shaky pick. Good chocolate ice cream is amazing, bad chocolate ice cream is terrible. It has an incredibly high variance. 

Grade: B

Round 1 Pick 4: Brownie Pie a la mode, Chief

This is an amazing pick. I just love the ice cream and the warm brownie. It is an incredible combo. This isn't something I get often, but when I do it is something I savor. Just a very good start from Chief.

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 5: Key Lime Pie, Chaps

Key Lime Pie ain't bad. It isn't my favorite dessert, but it is solid. I probably wouldn't have picked it this high, but I can see why it was.

Grade: A-

Round 2 Pick 1: Coconut Cream Cake, Chaps

I don't mind coconut cream cake, but I feel like there are many things that could have been drafted ahead of it. 

Grade: B

Round 2 Pick 2: Chocolate Milkshake, Chief

Good pick. Chocolate milkshakes are the best flavor of milkshakes, in my opinion. I especially love them from Chick Fil A and I love the F'Real ones that they have at gas stations. I think this was a solid placement as well in the draft order. 

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 3: Chocolate/Vanilla Twist, Big Cat

Twist soft-serve is fine, but I don't think it is top in the twenty-five best desserts. 

Grade: B-

Round 2 Pick 4: Carrot Cake, Dave

I think carrot cake stinks. It is not a good dessert and I don't know why people lie and say it is. 

Grade: C

Round 2 Pick 5: Cheesecake, Eddie

Absolute steal of the draft. This should have been a first-round pick and I would have picked it first overall. It is one of the best desserts in the game, period. 

Grade: A+

Round 3 Pick 1: Cake Pop, Eddie

Honestly, not a fan of the cake pops, overrated snack to me. They are just worse versions of cupcakes. They taste alright, but I think they kind of have a weird texture. I would much prefer something else to a cake pop. 

Grade: B-

Round 3 Pick 2: Tiramisu, Dave

Tiramisu is fine but it is a bit bitter. I prefer desserts to be sweet, which tiramisu is not. However it isn't the worst dessert out there. 

Grade: B

Round 3 Pick 3: Cookie Dough Ice Cream, Big Cat

Good pick, it is probably the second best ice cream flavor. However, this is a very weird move from Big Cat to pick all ice creams. Feels like you need to diversify the board. 

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 4: Cookies and Cream, Chief

In my opinion, this is the number one ice cream in the game. Across all brands, it is very good. It is very good value in the third round and as the fourth ice cream drafted. Great value from Chief here.

Grade: A+

Round 3 Pick 5: Banana Wafer Pudding, Chaps

Not a bad pick. This is a cookout staple and it is solid. I think the third round is a little high, but I think it should have been drafted. 

Grade: B-

Round 4 Pick 1: American Flag Fruit Cake, Chaps

I mean cool? This is a pretty meh pick. It is fine at the fourth of July, but if you gave me this in April I'd think you're a moron.

Grade: C

Round 4 Pick 2: Apple Crisp, Chief

Very underrated dessert. Warm apple crisp in the fall or winter is a very good dessert. It is also a very good Thanksgiving dish, you should give it a try. 

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 3: Chocolate Donut, Big Cat

I guess I never really thought of a donut as a dessert. Maybe that is just mee but it definitely does not feel like it is in the same category of food as these. With that being said I think it is solid and will do well on the graphic.

Grade: B+

Round 4 Pick 4: Chocolate Bread Pudding, Dave

Meh. This is just an okay pick. I think regular bread pudding is probably better and would probably be better on the graphic. 

Grade: B

Round 4 Pick 5: Cinnamon Roll, Eddie

This is kind of in the same category as donuts. I don't really see breakfast items as a dessert. However, cinnamon rolls are insane and I love them. Especially when they are warm. 

Grade: A-

Round 5 Pick 1: Cannoli, Eddie

Wow! What a steal. This is another pick I would have taken very high, possibly in the first round. How did they let Ed get this in the fifth (5th!) round? Incredible drafting skills. 

Grade: A+

Round 5 Pick 2: Moose Tracks Ice Cream, Dave

Another very good ice cream flavor. I think this is a solid fifth-round pick and it gives Dave's board some diversity. 

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 3: Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream, Big Cat

Bad pick to end a bad draft from Big Cat. The ice cream itself is fine, but you can't pick four ice creams.

Grade: F

Round 5 Pick 4: Oatmeal Raisin Cookie, Chief

The most underrated cookie in the game. It is so good, but people just don't like it because they bit into it thinking it was a chocolate chip. I love oatmeal raisin cookies, they are incredible. 

Grade: A-

Round 5 Pick 5: Peach Ice Cream, Chaps

Solid pick to end the draft. I personally am not a fan of peach ice cream, but I can see why people would like it. It is a refreshing treat. 

Grade: A-


This is going to be a weird draft. I am not always sure how food drafts will go, especially this one. I think Eddie will come out on top, but I could see Dave or Chief also winning. 


Predicted Winner: Eddie


Comments

Popular Posts