Barstool Chicago Regional Food Draft Grades

Round 1 Pick 1: Buffalo Wings, Eddie

Extremely good pick from Eddie. It is one of the most popular foods in the entire country and it is amazing. Great first-overall pick.

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 2: Louisiana Gumbo, Megan

Gumbo is great, but it is definitely an overdraft. I think this should be maybe a second-round pick. So not a bad pick but could be worse.

Grade: B-

Round 1 Pick 3: New York Pizza, Glenny

A great pick. The pizza is amazing and it is definitely the best style of pizza to me. 

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 4: New York Bagels, Chief

Time for a rant, New York bagels are the biggest scam going. I've had bagels from New York and they taste exactly the same as every other bagel I've had. Most overrated food going. Anyways, people seem to think it is good so I can't grade it too poorly. 

Grade: B

Round 1 Pick 5: Philly Cheesesteak, Dave

I think cheesesteaks from Philly are also overrated, but I think they are solid. The best cheesesteaks I've had are outside of Philly. 

Grade: B+

Round 2 Pick 1: Chicago Thin Crust Pizza, Dave

This is not a style I have ever had, but I do like a good thin-crust pie. However, it is not the greatest pick in my opinion due to name recognition. Whether you like it or not, Chicago is known for deep dish and picking thin crust is Dave shooting himself in the foot. 

Grade: B-

Round 2 Pick 2: New Haven Pizza, Chief

Most people say the best pizza is either New Haven or New York, so being able to get the first or second best pizza as the third pizza drafted is a solid pickup for Chief. It is a solid slice but doesn't have the same brand recognition as New York. 

Grade: A-

Round 2 Pick 3: Chicago Hot Dog, Glenny

Chicago hot dogs have too much going on. Hot dogs are a simple food and they need only two toppings, ketchup and mustard. Putting half a pound of toppings on them sucks. Chicago needs to be kicked off the pedestal.

Grade: C

Round 2 Pick 4: Louisiana Po'Boy, Megan

This is a fine pick, but another overdraft. For those that don't know a Po'Boy is essentially a sub that typically has fried shrimp. It is good, but not really worthy of a second-round pick. 

Grade: C

Round 2 Pick 5: Wisconsin Cheese, Eddie

I worked in a grocery store last summer and I was floored by how much cheese actually comes from Wisconsin. I always knew that there was a lot, but never that much. Also, that stuff is good. A nice Wisconsin cheddar can change your whole mood. Great pick. 

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 1: Carolina Pulled Pork, Eddie

North Carolina is considered to be the gold standard for pulled pork, so this was a good pickup. I think it is a good value in the third round I could have seen it going in the second or maybe even the first, it is just some good stuff. 

Grade: A+

Round 3 Pick 2: Houston Tex-Mex, Megan

This is a decent pick, but I don't think it is the best city for Tex-Mex, that is probably San Antonio or Austin. So a B for effort, but could be an A if done correctly. 

Grade: B

Round 3 Pick 3: Texas Brisket, Glenny

Holy cow! How did this fall to the third round? Texas brisket could have gone in the first round. It is amazing.

Grade: A+

Round 3 Pick 4: Nashville Hot Chicken, Chief

Nashville Hot Chicken is a solid pick. I think it is a high-floor pick, but has a lower ceiling. You are never gonna think it is the best thing, but it is definitely solid. 

Grade: B+

Round 3 Pick 5: New Jersey Taylor Ham, Dave

Huh? This feels like a dumb pick. It is almost too regional. Not the best pick to me. 

Grade: B-

Round 4 Pick 1: Wisconsin Beer Brat, Dave

Great pick. I had one in Milwaukee last year and it was incredible. A brat is one of the most underrated foods in the world. 

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 2: Maine Lobster, Chief

Good pick. Maine is the best place to get lobster. Not much commentary, just a solid selection. 

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 3: New Orleans Jambalaya, Glenny

Jambalaya is solid, but it is not a food I could eat often. It is just too much going on for me sometimes. Overall, this is a strong selection in the third fourth round. 

Grade: A-

Round 4 Pick 4: New Orleans Hot Plate, Megan

I had never heard of this before, which brought me to Google. Google did not help. I sat there looking at different examples and was wondering "What is special about this?" It is just a plate of food and if it is not I apologize. This just doesn't seem like something unique to New Orleans. 

Grade: D

Round 4 Pick 5: Chicago Italian Beef, Eddie

I love a Chicago Beef sandwich. It has a great flavor and is very filling. I think it is one of the most underrated regional foods in the country. Fantastic pick.

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 1: Alaskan King Crab, Eddie 

Wow, buddy picked the wrong crab. Should've gone Maryland. Anyway, Alaskan King Crab is good, but I think a bit overrated. However, I am a bit biased. 

Grade: B

Round 5 Pick 2: Louisiana Seafood Boil, Megan

Wow, can't believe she went quad LA. I mean a seafood boil is solid, but I've gotten to the point where I am just gonna give this a bad grade due to lack of originality. 

Grade: C-

Round 5 Pick 3: Mississippi Comeback Sauce, Glenny

Not a great pick. Not many people outside of the South know what this is, plus it is just a condiment.

Grade: C

Round 5 Pick 4: San Diego Mexican Food, Chief

This is a solid pick from Chief. San Diego probably has some of if not these most authentic Mexican food in the USA. It is a solid choice and good value in the fifth.

Grade: B+

Round 5 Pick 5: Coney Island Hot Dog, Dave

Weird final pick. I think a Coney Island dog is alright, but nothing to write home about. 

Grade: C


I think this will be a weird draft, I can see multiple people winning, but overall I feel Eddie has the best draft. 

Predicted Winner: Eddie

Comments

Popular Posts