Barstool Chicago Board Game Draft Grades

White Sox Dave

Best Pick: Monopoly

Monopoly is the gold standard and very easily the number one pick. It was a can't-miss.

Worst Pick: Crossfire

I mean what game even is this? Not amazing, but doesn't hurt his overall strong draft. 

Grade: A


Nick

Best Pick: Chess

It is timeless, it is the ultimate game of strategy. Everyone likes to play it. Good pick from Nick.

Worst Pick: Yahtzee

I like Yahtzee, I just think it is the worst of the ones he selected. I have to put one is last and I just think that Yahtzee has a bit too much chance involved for it to be a tremendous game. So, overall it is a tremendous draft. 

Grade: A+


Chief

Best Pick: Risk

Risk is probably my second favorite game, possibly first. A tremendous game all things considered.

Worst Pick: Connect 4

It's a fine game, I just think he took it too high. It was great as a kid, but it just doesn't have the staying power for me. Probably was a fifth round grade in my book. 

Grade: A-


Robbie

Best Pick: Scrabble

Who doesn't love Scrabble? It's good when you are both young and old.

Worst Pick: Uno

I love Uno, but it ain't a board game. 

Grade: B-


Eddie

Best Pick: Clue

Tremendous game. I just love a good murder mystery. Great pick from Eddie. 

Worst Pick: Hungry Hungry Hippo

Come on now? Are we five years old? I mean don't get me wrong it is a solid game, but certainly not one of the 25 best.

Grade: B+


Nobody really had a bad draft this week, but I really think Nick's was above and beyond. I don't know if he had a single miss.


Predicted Winner: Nick Turani


Comments

Popular Posts