Barstool Chiacgo Rom Com Draft Grades

Ria

Best Pick: How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days

Yeah, this was a pretty obvious first-overall pick. It is the most famous and best Rom-Com in my opinion. Matthew McConaughey is the king of the genre so it just makes sense to pick him first. It was hard to screw up this one. 

Worst Pick: He's Just Not That Into You

There were a few picks from Ria that I thought were meh but this was just the mehest. I didn't hate the pick, but it just was not my favorite. 

Grade: B-


Dave

Best Pick: 10 Things I Hate About You

This is a very good movie. I don't have a ton to say about it, I just like it.

Worst Pick: Coming to America

Um ok. I mean I wouldn't consider this to be a Rom-Com but to each his own. The movie is great though. 

Grade: C


Chief

Best Pick: When Harry Met Sally

I thought this one could have been a first-round pick. It feels like the classic Rom-Com. It has a good cast and a good story. All-around strong pick. 

Worst Pick: Crazy Rich Asians

This is one of those times when I think the pick isn't even bad, but I just have to put something down. Honestly, a solid movie, but it's the worst of the picks. 

Grade: A


Eddie

Best Pick: The Break-Up

I love this movie. Vince Vaughn is so good and Jennifer Aniston is always great in romantic comedies. I also like that it doesn't 100% work out in the end like every other Rom-Com. 

Worst Pick: 13 Going on 30

I just don't love the movie, what can I say?

Grade: B+


Fran

Best Pick: Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I mean just an overall strong movie. It was definitely worth a first-round pick from Fran. 

Worst Pick: Sweet Home Alabama

I have never heard of this movie, which makes me think it is a bit too niche. However, I could be completely wrong. 

Grade: B+


Overall, I feel like Chief has the strongest draft from top to bottom. I can't see a scenario in which he does not win this week.


Predicted Winner: Chief


Comments

Popular Posts