Barstool Chicago ESPN Draft

Round 1 Pick 1: Sportscenter, Eddie

I really don't have a lot to say about this pick. Sportscenter was as obvious as it gets when it comes to first overall. I watched it every morning before going to school for about ten years. Just a phenomenal program overall and a great pick.

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 2: College Gameday, Dave

Very good pick from Dave. I still watch College Gameday every Saturday. I love to see the crowd and their analysis is always surprisingly solid. They also have very good chemistry. Good pick.

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 3: NFL Primetime, Chief

A solid pick from Chief, but I doo think it was overdrafted. NFL primetime is good, but not third overall in my opinion. ESPN has much better coverage of college athletics, in my opinion, most of their pro stuff us lacking. Not bad, but could have been better.

Grade: B+

Round 1 Pick 4: John Clayton Slayer Comercial, Smitty

This is easily the best commercial. I think it was smart of Smitty to take this early so he wouldn't get stuck with a meh one. Not much commentary, just ESPN's most famous commercial.

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 5: Scott Van Pelt, Carl

I'm a University of Maryland student. Legally I have to give this pick an A+ or I will be expelled. The pick is good regardless. Everyone loves SVP, he is such a relatable guy. 

Grade: A+

Round 2 Pick 1: Not Top 10, Carl

I really hate to keep giving these picks super high grades, but the Not Top 10 is an incredible segment. We all get to see the highlights thanks to social media, but we never get to see the lowlights. It is a funny way to end the week/month. 

Grade: A+

Round 2 Pick 2: Stuart Scott, Smitty

Wow, another great pick. I honestly thought he would've been a first rounder. A very good pick from Smitty.

Grade: A+

Round 2 Pick 3: The Two Escobars, Chief

Just an absolutely unbelievable story. Almost every 30 for 30 is good, but I personally think this is one of the more memorable ones. 

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 4: The U, Dave

I think this is the best 30 for 30. All of the ones about Miami are very good, that team was just so interesting. It is gonna be so sweet when Miami is eventually back. 

Grade: A+

Round 2 Pick 5: Dan Patrick, Eddie

I like Dan Patrick. He has definitely gone down in popularity since he left ESPN, but he is overall a great personality. He is just funny enough to make you laugh and he is also a great sport guy.

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 1: Arnold Palmer Commercial, Eddie

I always liked this commercial. It was just very simple but also very good. I think a lot of people probably remember this as well. Good pick from Eddie.

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 2: Steve Irwin Gator Commercial, Dave

Solid pick, but I'm not sure how many people really remember it. I also think Dave could have picked this later in the draft. A good commercial, but taken too early. 

Grade: B

Round 3 Pick 3: Web Gems, Chief

In my opinion, baseball has the coolest plays of any sport, so this segment is awesome. I also played a ton of baseball in my childhood, so watching this was like watching my heroes. However, the pick may be a it more niche so I can't grade it too highly. 

Grade: B+

Round 3 Pick 4: PTI, Smitty

Honestly, I think PTI kinda sucks. Maybe it used to be more popular in its heyday, but now it just sucks. I never got to experience it.

Grade: C

Round 3 Pick 5: OJ: Made in America, Carl 

This is good, but not my favorite 30 for 30 because it isn't unique. There are so many movies, documentaries, and series on the OJ case that it doesn't give a new perspective. Overall, not that great of a pick.

Grade: C

Round 4 Pick 1: Manning Brothers Commercial, Carl

Just a funny concept with this commercial, but again not as memorable as the other commercals.

Grade: C

Round 4 Pick 2: Jacked Up, Smitty

I mean who doesn't love seeing a bunch of hard hits from an NFL Sunday? A very good pick from Smitty, who has done pretty well so far.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 3: Mr. / Mrs. Met Commercial, Chief

I like this commercial because I just love everything with Mr and Mrs Met.

Grade: B

Round 4 Pick 4: Two Minute Drill, Dave

Incredible pick. It is funny and one of the things that made your Monday night just a bit better. Also, who doesn't love Boomer?

Grade: A+

Round 4 Pick 5: C'Mon Man, Eddie

I may be a bit biased, but for a while this was my absolute favorite segment on ESPN. I used to look forward to this every week. It was not top ten on steroids.

Grade: A+

Round 5 Pick 1: Fantastic Lies, Eddie

Just an incredible documentary and an insane story. To this day I just can't believe that this happened. It feels like a cop out, but every 30 for 30 is just good and impossible to grade poorly.

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 2: Kenny Mayne, Dave

Kenny Mayne is a solid pick. He isn't a tier one ESPN personality, but he is a very strong one. 

Grade: B+

Round 5 Pick 3: Barry Melrose, Chief

I like Barry Melrose, but him being exclusively hockey may hurt Chief. He is very niche and wasn't on Sportscenter that often.

Grade: B

Round 5 Pick 4: Of Miracles and Men, Smitty

About the Soviets so I can't in good faith give this a good grade.

Grade: C-

Round 5 Pick 5: Baseball Tonight, Carl

I think Baseball tonight kinda sucks. It isn't bad, but I think the MLB network and FOX coverage is better.

Grade: C


Just a very hard draft to separate, everyone's is pretty good.

Predicted Winner: Eddie

Predicted Loser: Chief

Comments

Popular Posts