Barstool Chicago Salted Snacks Draft

Round 1 Pick 1: Cheddar Goldfish, Carl

I have a really hot take, I think goldfish are overrated. Now don't get me wrong here, they are good, I like them. But, I think people overhype them. They have a good taste, but they get stuck in your teeth sooooo easily. You basically need to carry a Waterpik around with you when you eat them. But I still think they are good and will get a lot of votes.

Grade: A-

Round 1 Pick 2: Cheddar Cheese Pretzel Combos, Eddie

I like cheddar cheese combos, but do not think they are the best flavor. I think this was a bit of a reach at second overall. I can think of many better snacks than them. However, he was smart to pick the pretzel as opposed to the cracker. I think cracker combos stink.

Grade: B

Round 1 Pick 3: Original Cheez-Its, Clem

Elite pick. I think Cheez-Its are by far the best salty snack, better than chips even. I think this is such a good pick.

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 4: Salted Peanuts, Chief

Eh, peanuts are probably my number four nut. I think peanuts are way better when you break them open from the shell as opposed to just eating them from the jar. I think this was a bit of a reach. I like peanuts, but I wouldn't take them in the first round.

Grade: B-

Round 1 Pick 5: Trail Mix, Dave

Hmmmmm. I think trail mix is pretty good. But this is hard to grade because every single trail mix you have is different, but at its best, I think Trail Mix is good but not an elite snack. I probably wouldn't take it in the first round.

Grade: B

Round 2 Pick 1: Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Dave

I think this was a bit of a cheating answer, but whatever it's here and I love it. Chocolate-covered pretzels are amazing. Just a very good sweet and salty snack. I would honestly take this in the first round given the chance. 

Grade: A+

Round 2 Pick 2: Pistachios, Chief

Pistachios are my number two nut. They have a very good flavor that isn't overpowering. Also, it is definitely worthy of a second-round pick, solid recovery from Chief here.

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 3: Pirate's Booty, Clem

I'm a big booty fan. An incredible Cheeto substitute and an amazing mid-day snack. Plus, it is also not that bad for you. Very solid pick from Clem rn.

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 4: Gardetto's, Eddie

Well, this feels like a bit of a reach. Maybe my head is in the sand, but I've never heard of Gardetto's. But I took a look at them and they just look like the best parts of Chex Mix, so the pick seems good. But, I don't know how many other people haven't had them, so I am hesitant to rank them highly.

Grade: B

Round 2 Pick 5: Movie Theater Popcorn, Carl

Wow! Great pick from Carl right here. This is one that separates good from great. Popcorn at the theater is almost always amazing, no matter what time you go. Also, the self-serve butter is simply a delight. Just an all-around great pick from Carl. 

Grade: A+

Round 3 Pick 1: White Cheddar Cheez-Its, Carl

White Cheddar Cheez-Its are immaculate. I don't know if this is right, but to me, they are a bit sour, but in a good way. They are a very good contrast from the regular Cheez-It. Solid third-round pickup from Carl.

Grade: B+

Round 3 Pick 2: Pretzel Chips, Eddie

I love pretzel chips. Just something about them where I can't stop eating them. I actually think they are very good on sandwiches, like really good. You guys should try it and report back. 

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 3: Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn, Clem

I enjoy smartfood. It's solid. The one thing I don't love about it is how messy your hands can get. The cheese hardens on your fingers very quickly and isn't particularly easy to get off. For that, I can't grade it super highly. 

Grade: B+

Round 3 Pick 4: Macadamia Nuts, Chief

Um what? Triple nut?! He didn't even take a very good one either. What a blunder from Chief.

Grade: D

Round 3 Pick 5: Jack Link's Beef Jerky, Dave

Wow this is a bit of an outside the box pick by Dave, who is recovering quite well from trail mix in the first round. But just because it is out there, it isn't bad, in fact I think it is a great pick. Everyone loves beef jerky or at least enough people do for him to get some votes from it. Solid pick.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 1: Ranch Sunflower Seeds, Dave

Another good pick here. I loved sunflower seeds playing baseball as a kid. I hadn't had them for years until I bought a few packs last year and they did not disappoint. The only problem with them is you have to eat like five-hundred for them to be any sort of filling, which can be a problem because they aren't exactly something quick to eat. 

Grade: B+

Round 4 Pick 2: Stovetop Popcorn, Chief

Decent pick from Chief, but not anything spectacular. Every kind of popcorn you make at home is just a worse version of movie theater popcorn. It's not a terrible pick but it isn't an amazing one.

Grade: B-

Round 4 Pick 3: Snyder's Sourdough Hard Pretzels, Clem

Ooooooo, tough pick from Clem. I don't hate the pick, but there are many better pretzels available. I think thinner pretzels tend to be a lot better than thick ones. But, I think the pick good get some votes, so it isn't that bad. 

Grade: B-

Round 4 Pick 4: Honey Roasted Peanuts, Eddie

Interesting. I think honey roasted peanuts are ok, but not super good or anything. Solid pick, but not selling jerseys. 

Grade: B

Round 4 Pick 5: Cashews, Carl

Steal. Absolute steal. By my calculations, cashews are number one on the nut board. It is an absolute crime that they fell into the fourth round. This is gonna be like Aaron Rodgers falling down the board on draft night. Immaculate pick.

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 1: Chex Mix, Carl

Wow. Incredible back-to-back from Carl right here. Chex Mix is an elite snack, especially the rye chips which probably could've been drafted as a standalone snack. Just a very good pick from Carl right here.

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 2: Pita Chips, Eddie

Holy cow! Another tremendous pick. Pita chips are just very good. I don't have a lot of commentary, just good stuff.

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 3: Bugles, Clem

I'm not as big on bugles as some others are. They are good, but they are a snack that I can't eat a lot of in one sitting. They are fine, but not amazing and are a solid fifth round pick. 

Grade: B+

Round 5 Pick 4: Ritz Crackers, Chief

What? What is Chief doing? Ritz Crackers?! Really? I mean I enjoy RItz, but they aren't in my top 25 snacks. Not a good draft from Chief right here. 

Grade: C

Round 5 Pick 5: Ritz Bits with Peanut Butter, Dave

Ugh, peanut butter crackers are so gross. I just think they're a terrible snack.

Grade: D


A little tough, Dave was in it until the last round, but I think Clem takes it out this week. Carl will be applying pressure after a late surge, but I think Clem just has the dogs.

Predicted Winner: Clem

Predicted Loser: Chief

Comments

Popular Posts