Barstool Chicago NFL Disappointments Draft Grades

Round 1 Pick 1: Joey Harrington, Jeff

I like this pick for the simple reason that he was just ok in the NFL. He had 2000 yard seasons pretty much every year and was never anything spectacular, but you can hardly call him a bust for that. I think Harrington completely fits the idea of this draft.

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 2: Trent Richardson, Chief

Interesting. This would not have been my second overall selection, but I think it is a pretty good pick. I think something that gives the pick a little more merit is the fact that Trent Richardson started off pretty good. So it isn't a horrible pick from Chief, but a bit of a reach to me. 

Grade: B+

Round 1 Pick 3: Matt Leinart, Eddie

Yeah Matt Leinart is interesting. He didn't start of terrible, but he could just never put it all together, which is surprising for someone that was that good in college. Good pick by Eddie, I think it will play well on the graphic.

Grade: A

Round 1 Pick 4: Brady Quinn, Carl

Notre Dame and NFL disappointments, what could be a better duo? In all seriousness though, Quinn has a very fascinating career. He was released and didn't get a job for a while, but he was actually an ok backup. Very odd though, but I think the pick is good. 

Grade: A

Round 1 Pick 5: Dwayne Haskins, Dave

Hmmmm. I don't really feel as though Dwayne Haskins had a ton of hype or anything like that. If you add this with the idea that Ohio State QBs have never panned out and I feel like he wasn't a massive disappointment. However I can't trash it too much, I'm not Schefter.

Grade: B

Round 2 Pick 1: Percy Harvin, Dave

Now I don't really think Percy Harvin was a disappointment. I understand he had a ton of hype, but he always put up pretty solid numbers in the NFL and he was a good returner. With all of this being considered, I don't think the pick is very good. 

Grade: C

Round 2 Pick 2: Eric Crouch, Carl

Yeah this is a confusing one. He didn't get a shot at QB in the NFL, which I think is a disappointment itself. He bounced around a ton of leagues and never really found his footing anywhere. Looking at his college accolades you can definitely say he disappointed. 

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 3: Darren McFadden, Eddie

This is similar to Percy Harvin where I don't think he was a disappointment. He didn't light up the stat charts but he had a few solid seasons. But he was never incredible, so I could understand him being a disappointment, but not at the same level as some of the other picks. 

Grade: B-

Round 2 Pick 4: Tyler Bray, Chief 

Ehhh. I guess everything is subjective, but yeah this is a tough pick in the second round. I mean nobody really cares about the middle 2010s Tennessee teams, they just weren't relevant. 

Grade: D

Round 2 Pick 5: Reggie Bush, Jeff

Wow. How did Reggie Bush almost fall to the fourth round? I feel like he should be the poster child for this draft. I understand I may seem hypocritical because he did ok a few seasons and had that going against Harvin and McFadden, but they just didn't have the same hype as Bush. 

Grade: A+

Round 3 Pick 1: Charles Rogers, Jeff

Yeah electric in college and just couldn't put it together in the NFL, a pretty good pick from Jeff. 

Grade: A-

Round 3 Pick 2: Michael Floyd, Chief

Well would you look at that, another Notre Dame guy. Yeah Floyd is a disappointment. He just had mediocre NFL stats. However, I don't think he will have quite as much name brand power as some of the other guys. 

Grade: B

Round 3 Pick 3: Robert Gallery, Eddie

I don't know a ton about Bob Gallery right here, but he just seems like a massive human being. He had to switch positions early in his career, which is never a good sign. He just seemed to never pan out, certainly a disappointment. The only real knock on the pick is that he is an O-Lineman, so people just tend to forget about them.

Grade: B

Round 3 Pick 4: Peter Warrick, Carl

Yup. Warrick just had a completely average NFL career, a very solid pick at this point in the draft because Warrick wasn't too good in the NFL, or bad enough to be a bust. 

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 5: Paul Posluszny, Dave

As much as I would love to hate on a Penn State guy, Posluszny didn't have a bad career whatsoever. Almost 900 career tackles,15 career interceptions, and a Pro Bowl over ten years is just a very solid career, honestly it is a good career. IDK what Dave was thinking here. 

Grade: F

Round 4 Pick 1: Jimmy Clausen, Dave

I feel like Notre Dame just has a ton of guys that should've been good, but weren't. I really thought Clausen was gonna be dominant in the NFL. Boy was I wrong. Strong pick from Dave.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 2: Jadaveon Clowney, Carl

I know Jadaveon Clowney wasn't getting a ton of buzz at first, but then after the outback bowl hit, he was all everyone could talk about. I feel like the jury is still out on Clowney. He has proven that he can be a valuable asset in the NFL, but he has also been pretty subpar for about three seasons now. So he isn't a complete disappointment, but he is headed in that direction. 

Grade: B+

Round 4 Pick 3: Mike Williams, Eddie

I like the pick at this point in the draft. He only had one decent season and was very good in college. I think this is a good pick in this position, but not amazing or anything. 

Grade: B+

Round 4 Pick 4: David Terrell, Chief 

Solid pick late in the draft for Chief. Never really found his footing in the league, but he was not terrible. However his name value isn't as high as some of the other guys in the draft.

Grade: B

Round 4 Pick 5: Byron Leftwich, Jeff

IDK, Leftwich had a few decent seasons at the start of his career. I don't think he was anything special and a little disappointing, but not to the level as some of the other players. However he gets props for being carried down the field by his O-Linemen, that was badass. 

Grade: B-

Round 5 Pick 1: Tom Zbikowski, Jeff

Yeah certainly a disappointing NFL player, but also tough having to go behind Ed Reed your whole career. So IDK. Fine pick.

Grade: B

Round 5 Pick 2: Dennis Dixon, Chief

Yeah Dixon is a fine pick. He never really got a shot in the NFL, but I guess he just never earned it. He was good in college and just never was there in the NFL.

Grade: A-

Round 5 Pick 3: Michael Crabtree, Eddie

IDK, Crabtree wasn't a complete disappointment. I understand the hype was real coming out of college, but he put up a decent NFL career. I know he wasn't anything special, but I think there are more disappointing players. 

Grade: C+

Round 5 Pick 4: Marcus Mariota, Carl

This is a personal one for me. I thought Mariota was the next big thing. I honestly thought he would have won at least one, maybe two, Super Bowls by now. Such a shame, he was so electric in college. Every year it always seems like he has a game or two as a backup when people say "Oh he might still have something in the tank", but he never does. 

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 5: Damien Anderson, Dave

Seems like a good pick for Dave. I've never heard of the guy can't lie. But he had good stats in college and bad ones in the NFL. He did go to Northwestern though so how good was he really gonna be.

Grade: B+


Very hard draft to get a read on because everyone is different. However I really think Carl is winning it, has very good late round picks.

Predicted Winner: Carl

Predicted Loser: Chief

Comments

Popular Posts