Barstool Chicago Teen Movie Draft

The Chicago guys are back and they are joined by many time recurring guest Rico Bosco. It was a pretty good draft as is every draft with Rico. I would also like to mention that it has officially been one year since I started drafting, so thanks to everyone that reads every week!

Round 1 Pick 1: American Pie, Dave

Phenomenal pick from Dave. I love the whole American Pie franchise, it's great. I'm not sure it is absolutely the first overall pick, but I definitely think it going first overall is reasonable. I mean fucking the pie is such an iconic scene, the whole movie is great. 

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 2: Ten things I hate about you, Eddie

A very solid Rom-Com with a loaded cast. However I think there are better movies on the board and probably isn't the second best teen movie. I think the pick is good but could've been better.

Grade: A-

Round 1 Pick 3: Superbad, Rico

Incredible. Would've been my first overall. The McLovin ID has become a part of pop culture. It is just so good and funny. The cops are underrated in that movie, they're highkey so funny and people don't talk about them enough. What a great movie.

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 4: The Breakfast Club, Chief

Now, this is an all-time classic. It may not be the best movie in my opinion, but it is certainly a popular one. It also comes to mind first when you think of old high school movies. Very strong opener from Chief.

Grade: A

Round 1 Pick 5: Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Carl

Great movie. This is a top three movie for me all time. It is an absolutely phenomenal film. I think most people dream of having a day like Ferris had with his friends. Tremendous pick, probably could have been first overall in my opinion. 

Grade: A+

Round 2 Pick 1: Dazed and Confused, Carl

Alright, alright, alright. Very strong movie. However, I don't really think it should be drafted this highly. That's just my opinion and could be unpopular, sue me. Good movie but it probably should've been drafted later.

Grade: B

Round 2 Pick 2: Friday Night Lights, Chief

Hmmmm. My only problem with this pick is that the TV show is better. It's a very good movie but I think there are better picks. Now we can't compare the movie and the show because that isn't up for debate, but I feel like it gets upstaged by the show. Good pick, but I also think it probably could've been drafted later.

Grade: B+

Round 2 Pick 3: Can't Hardly Wait, Rico

A very good pick from Rico. I don't really have a lot to say, it is just a really solid movie overall. I think this is good for Rico and is starting him off really well. 

Grade: A+

Round 2 Pick 4: Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Eddie

Very strong pick and has one of the best leading characters in teen movie history. Spicoli is iconic and definitely an all-time character. Overall this movie is just funny and a bit wholesome in some ways. Good pick from Eddie.

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 5: The Girl Next Door, Dave

Bonk. I mean we knew Dave had to pick a movie about a hot girl, but it's a good one from Dave. Overall I think the pick is pretty strong, but not the strongest. 

Grade: B

Round 3 Pick 1: Mean Girls, Dave

Absolute heater from WSD. I cannot get enough of this movie. From start to finish this is such a good movie. I love the principal in this movie absolutely hilarious. Also, Gretchen is an absolute smoke, definitely the hottest in the movie imo. 

Grade: A+

Round 3 Pick 2: Varsity Blues, Eddie

Great pick from Eddie. In my opinion, best tits scene in film history (bonk). Just a strong movie all around and I think it gets good name recognition. 

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 3: Euro Trip, Rico

Fine movie, doesn't really have the same name power as the other picks in my opinion. So I think the pick is fine but not to the caliber as other picks. 

Grade: B

Round 3 Pick 4: She's All That, Chief

Definitely has a strong brand. Much better than a third round brand in my opinion. Whether you like the movie or not it definitely is popular and has made a slight resurgence due to the remake with Addison Rae. So I think this is a solid pick from Chief.

Grade: A-

Round 3 Pick 5: Clueless, Carl

Great film. I do think the step-brother love thing is a bit odd, but overall the movie is great. I like Paul Rudd a lot in the movie, Alicia Silverstone is great. Overall it is just a very strong movie.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 1: Cruel Intentions, Carl

Bonk pick for Carl right here. I mean I prefer a little bit of comedy in teen movies. They don't have to be full on funny movies, but a little comedy is always good. So, for me, the movie isn't quite as good.

Grade: B

Round 4 Pick 2: American Pie 2, Chief

Insane pick in round four. I also think this is better than the original American Pie. I think this is actually one of Chief's better picks in draft history.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 3: Project X, Rico

I legitimately know nothing about this movie, haven't even heard of it. Now I'm not going to lie, I haven't seen all of these movies in their entirety, but I had at least heard of them. Never even heard of this. I think this is going to end up being a problem for Rico.

Grade: C

Round 4 Pick 4: I Know What You Did Last Summer, Eddie

Good to diversify the board for Eddie. I think it definitely brings in a different crowd of votes for Eddie. It also has an all-star cast. With that being said, I don't think it is exactly a heavy hitter. Good pick from Eddie.

Grade: B

Round 4 Pick 5: Grease, Dave

I never even thought about Grease when I thought about teen movies and what a miss that was from me. It is a classic and everyone likes it. It is catchy and probably the most famous movie on the list, behind maybe Superbad. 

Grade: A+

Round 5 Pick 1: Juno, Dave

Good move from Dave to pick a more recent movie. Definitely gets the vote of younger people. It's a pretty good movie and I think it won an oscar which is good.

Grade: B+

Round 5 Pick 2: Encino Man, Eddie

I've never heard of this either. It sounds pretty good, but I feel like again not everyone has seen it, which hurts Eddie in the long run. However since it is in the fifth round, it won't end up hurting him as much as it probably could have. 

Grade: B

Round 5 Pick 3: Boys n the Hood, Rico

It's a solid movie, but I'm not sure everyone has seen it. It is a fine fifth rounder but not the best.

Grade:B-

Round 5 Pick 4: Outside Providence, Chief

Another burrata pick, however it won't really hurt Chief this time. In the fifth round it's fine. It won't get people to vote for him, but I think it's a fine pick. I'll have to give it a look.

Grade: C+

Round 5 Pick 5: Scream, Carl

Wow this is a great Mr. Irrelevant. Scream is probably one of the more famous horror franchises out there. I think this is a strong pick to end the draft from Carl.

Grade: A-

This is a draft that is very close in my opinion. There isn't really a clear winner and I'm having trouble really deciphering who could be on top. But, I'm not gonna pussy out and not pick a winner so I think it has to be Dave, but could also maybe see Carl winning.

Predicted Winner: Dave

Predicted Loser: Chief

Comments

Popular Posts