Barstool Chicago Chip Draft Grades

The chicago crew is back and they are drafting chips! They are joined by Clem, who is one of my top five favorite guests on the show. This was a pretty solid draft.

Round 1 Pick 1: Cape Cod, Chief

I enjoy a good cape cod chip, but I don't think it should be first overall. I believe it has become a bit overrated in the past few years to the point that people think it is the BEST chip, which I disagree with. It is definitely a first round pick, but probably not first overall in my opinion. 

Grade: A-

Round 1 Pick 2: Cool Ranch Doritos, Ed

I think is certainly the best Dorito. I agree with Carl in the sense that there isn't a consensus number one pick, but I don't think many people would not disagree with this being picked first overall. I think I would've drafted this first overall, it's a very strong chip. 

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 3: Ruffles Cheddar Sour Cream, Carl

A very solid pick form Carl. A very good blend of savory and tangy. It is also a good mix of crispy and soft. Truly a great chip.

Grade: A

Round 1 Pick 4: Lay's Sour Cream & Onion, Dave

I don't think this is a first-round selection. I think it would've been beneficial for him to try and get this in the second round. I try to grade with integrity and I have to say these are probably the most overrated chip in the game. They are good chips, but I don't think I've ever craved these chips. Not an awful pick, but not the best in my opinion. 

Grade: B

Round 1 Pick 5: Nacho Cheese Doritos, Clem

It's a Tough look to have the second-best Dorito being taken in the same round as the best Dorito. Cool Ranch is by far better than Nacho Cheese. I think it would've been smarter to take it in the second round to try and not compete against the other one. With all of this being said, all Doritos are good and probably first-round worthy. 

Grade: A-

Round 2 Pick 1: Cheetos, Clem

I think cheetos are quite overrated. I would have to say the Cheetos puff is much better than the regular cheeto. I think this is a fine pick because most people like them, but I would say it isn't great.

Grade: B-

Round 2 Pick 2: Flaming Hot Cheetos, Dave

I hate flaming hot cheetos. I think they are awful. They don't really taste that good and they are much too messy in my opinion. Bad pick in my opinion. 

Grade: C

Round 2 Pick 3: Lay's BBQ, Carl

I love BBQ chips, I think Lay's if fine, but not the best BBQ chip. I think the pick is fine, but I think it is just an average BBQ chip. Will definitely get votes though.

Grade: B+

Round 2 Pick 4: Cheeto Puffs, Ed

I think this an awesome pick. Absolutely delicious. Only downside is that they do stick in your mouth for a pretty long time. But I think this could realistically be a first round pick. Tremendous pick from Ed.

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 5: Salsa Verde Doritos, Chief

This is a burrata pick. I don't really think people even eats these. They aren't very common. Definitely like the fifth Dorito. A bad pick from Chief.

Grade: D

Round 3 Pick 1: Donkey Chip, Chief

Definitely a regional item. It's hard to grade this because I haven't had them. However, I think it will lose votes because not many people have had them. So not a great pick from Chief.

Grade: C

Round 3 Pick 2: Fritos Chili Cheese, Ed

Not the best pick, I think the best fritos are the BBQ onesand in general fritos aren't very good. They're fine but not amazing. 

Grade: C+

Round 3 Pick 3: Kettle Salt & Vinegar, Carl

I personally think the pick is fine. I'm just not certain how popular it is to the masses. Salt & vinegar is a very polarizing chip and he didn't pick the most famous brand. Tough to envision how people will react to this pick.

Grade: C+

Round 3 Pick 4: Cape Cod Jalapeno, Dave

A decent pick from Dave. I'm not a huge jalapeno chip fan, but these are fine. I think they are a unique flavor, but not my favorite. I also don't think this is a universally well-known chip.

Grade: B-

Round 3 Pick 5: Lay's Wavy, Clem

Incredible selection. Clem hit it right on the head. Lay's original are meh, but when they are wavy they are outstanding. I'm actually shocked that this almost fell to the fourth round. I think this is incredible value.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 1: Sour Cream and Onion Pringles, Clem

This is my personal favorite sour cream and onion chip. I think Pringles are very good chips and could even be considered underrated. They are always good for me.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 2: Cheddar Cheese Pringles, Dave

I also think cheddar is the best pringles flavor. I didn't understand the hate for the pick. I think it is a very good chip and I also think they are a very good sandwich chip. However, I don't think everyone likes them, so I can't grade them too highly. 

Grade: A-

Round 4 Pick 3: Zapp's New Orleans Voodoo, Carl

Never had the chip. I've seen them before and never had them. I think this pick will be bad for Carl, probably would've been better in the fifth round. Oh well, you live and learn. 

Grade: C

Round 4 Pick 4: Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos, Ed

I think everyone just views this as the "other dorito". Like they are nobody's favorite doritos flavor, but they're fine. I don't love the pick but don't hate it. 

Grade: B-

Round 4 Pick 5: Kettle Bag BBQ, Chief

A strong pick from Chief. Everyone enjoys kettle style chips and barbecue is a solid flavor. I think it's solid not great.

Grade: B-

Round 5 Pick 1: Cape Cod Cheddar and Onion, Chief

Too much kettle syle chip in Chief's draft. Not enough diversity on the board. Wouldn't have gone double cape cod either.

Grade: C

Round 5 Pick 2: Fritos BBQ twists, Ed

Love these things. Could eat a million of them. Sometimes I just like a different shape and these are intriguing. I like the pick.

Grade: B+

Round 5 Pick 3: Sunchip French Onion, Carl

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Sunchips?! Those blow! Oh man can't believe no one gave him crap for this. Incredibly bad pick. Only respectable one is the cheddar cheese sunchip. Bad pick.

Grade: D

Round 5 Pick 4: Ruffles Original, Dave

Great pick from Dave. Incredible value in the fifth, can't believe it slipped this far.

Grade: A+

Round 5 Pick 5: Tostitos Scoop, Clem

The tostitos scoop is the king of tortilla chips. It's perfect for your queso, salsa, guac, etc. It also has a solid flavor. Very good Mr irrelevant.

Grade: A+

An unusually bad draft for both Eddie and Carl. It leaves the door wide open for Clem to take this draft. Whitesox Dave actually had a solid draft, but I think Clem will take it.

Predicted winner: Clem

Predicted Loser: Carl

Comments

Popular Posts