Barstool Chicago College Football Draft Grades

I love college football, so this is one of the drafts that I love. The Chicago crew are joined by Mintzy for his inaugural draft. Does he have what it takes to win this week?

Round 1 Pick 1: 2006 Rose Bowl, Dave

I like the pick, but I personally would not draft a game first overall. It is definitely the best game, but I don't think it should've been first. Good pick though.

Grade: A

Round 1 Pick 2: Nick Saban, Mintz

This is far and away the best pick of the draft. There is no further gap between first and second on any category in maybe any draft. An incredible fumble by Dave to not take this.

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 3: Reggie Bush, Ed

I think it is a very good pick. Unfortunately, there will be some clowns voting who will say "Um he technically isn't a Heisman winner" which I believe will hurt Ed in the long run. I never watched Bush, but I have seen highlights and he was incredible. Good pick, but I think the vacated trophy could potentially hurt Ed.

Grade: A-

Round 1 Pick 4: Charles Woodson, Chief

It's pretty crazy that another defensive player has never won the Heisman. To me, it may not be the flashiest name, but he is certainly a big pick. Woodson did a little bit of everything and it showed on the field. Solid pick from Chief.

Grade: B+

Round 1 Pick 5: The Big House, Carl

Wow, this is actually an awful pick. The Big House isn't even the best stadium in the Big Ten. There isn't anything special about it besides the fact that a lot of people are there. It is quiet and the fans aren't really super passionate. Bad pick.

Grade: C-

Round 2 Pick 1: Pat Fitzgerald, Carl

Holy fuck these are not good picks. Like I think Fitzgerald is a good coach but the second coach off the board?! I mean Mack Brown is there, Dabo is there, hell Ryan Day would've been a better pick. Just not a good pick from Carl to me. 

Grade: D

Round 2 Pick 2: Neyland Stadium, Chief

This is a better pick than The Big House, but again it isn't the best in the SEC. With that being said, tailgating on the river is nice. Rocky Top is one of the better traditions in college. Finally, the crowd is usually above average. I just can't rate it too high because it isn't the best in the conference. 

Grade: C+

Round 2 Pick 3: Death Valley (LSU), Ed

Great pick. I would argue this is the best stadium in the SEC and arguably the best in CFB. It is the best environment with some of the rowdiest fans. They also have a live tiger on campus, which is awesome. Incredible pick from Ed, let the band play neck. 

Grade: A+

Round 2 Pick 4: Joe Burrow, Mintz

In 20 years we'll be talking about Burrow as one of the greats. He literally had one of the best seasons ever. It is a great pick and he was must-watch television all of 2019. The only problem will be the fact that he is so recent that people may value nostalgia over recency. 

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 5: Dabo Swinney, Dave

Personally have Dabo in third as current coaches. He is a very good coach and has really jumpstarted a Clemson dynasty. It's a strong pick from Dave and I think it is a good value at the end of the second round. 

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 1: Tim Tebow, Dave

So Dave doesn't like him? Whatever. I don't care about pandering too much, because they are trying to win. Tebow is a great pick, he's arguably the best to ever do it. Did he have the best heisman season? probably not, but he is probably the best ever. Great pick.

Grade: A+

Round 3 Pick 2: The Rose Bowl, Mintz

Definitely the most historic stadium in college football. It has housed many of the best games ever. It is picturesque. The only thing I can find wrong with this pick is that UCLA fans suck and can't fill it up. Still think the pick is good and has good value in the third round.

Grade: A+

Round 3 Pick 3: The Kick Six, Ed

The kick six actually was the game that made me interested in college football. I never really watched since my local team isn't very good, so I was never into it. However, I randomly turned on this game in the fourth quarter, and it honestly changed my life. No joke. Very good pick, probably the most memorable moment in college in the past decade. 

Grade: A+

Round 3 Pick 4: Tailgating, Chief

Good pick from Chief. I could've understood this being taken in the first round. It is one of the integral parts of college football. It makes the game better. It plays well at the end of the third round in my opinion. 

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 5: 2007 Fiesta Bowl, Carl

This game is almost as crazy as a march madness game. All of the crazy plays make it memorable, especially the statue of liberty and the fake statue of liberty. Good pick from Carl.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 1: Marching Bands, Carl

My school's marching band is pretty lame, so I don't really get amped for this. I don't think a lot of people love bands, but they are fine. Decent pick.

Grade: B-

Round 4 Pick 2: 2003 Fiesta Bowl, Chief

The thing with this game is the star power that came from it. The Miami team was legit and probably the last of the really good Miami teams. Good pick, but not great to me.

Grade: B+

Round 4 Pick 3: Betting the Hawaii Game, Ed

A good pick but note everyone is a gambler so they don't really relate with it. But I personally just enjoy watching the games that end at 1 am. Good pick and will garner votes from a very specific crowd. 

Grade: B

Round 4 Pick 4: The Grove, Mintz

I've never been to the Grove, but it seems like it's very nice. It just seems like a very good time and many people claim it to be the one of the best atmosphere in college football. Strong pick. 

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 5: Beaver Stadium, Dave

Far and away the best stadium in the Big Ten. I fucking loathe Penn State and everything they stand for, but credit where credit is due. They have an awesome atmosphere. Definitely the most hostile environment in the Big Ten. Great pick. 

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 1: Jump Around, Dave

One of my personal favorite traditions in college football. It is so good the opposing players even participate in it. It seems fun but intimidating at the same time. A strong pick from Dave. 

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 2: Florida at LSU (2007), Mintz

Memorable game, but tough not picking a national championship or a more memorable moment. Good game, but not a great pick. 

Grade: B

Round 5 Pick 3: Ed Orgeron, Ed

Coach O is probably the biggest football guy turned head coach, maybe of all time. I think he is a bit of a one-hit-wonder, but damn that one hit was something special. With that being said, I think he gets a ton of votes from the people. 

Grade: A-

Round 5 Pick 4: Mike Leach, Chief

Kind of a miss to take Leach over Mack Brown in my opinion. Mike Leach is good, but not great and certainly not the fifth best coach, currently. Not great.

Grade: B-

Round 5 Pick 5: Eric Crouch, Carl

Eric Crouch is good, but he doesn't really have the same name appeal as all of the other guys. It is a strong selection, but could've been better to me. 

Grade: B+

A very competitive draft this week. I immediately throw out Chief and Carl because their drafts are probably the worst. Eddie's is good, but I think a step below the other two. Mintz and Dave have great drafts. Mintz gets the SEC vote, which I think makes him win.

Predicted Winner: Mintz

Predicted Loser: Carl

Comments

  1. Good draft around. My draft of the best of the ones forgotten is:
    Memorial Stadium Nebraska
    Tom Osborn
    Ricky Williams
    84 orange bowl
    Rivalry trophy’s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Draft of the undrafted would be: The Swamp, Mack Brown, Marcus Mariota, 2016 Alamo Bowl, and VT entrance

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts