Barstool Chicago Soup Draft Grades

Round 1 Pick 1: Broccoli Cheddar, Dave

This is absolutely a great first-overall soup. I wouldn't say it is the most widely consumed soup, but it is definitely good. It has a good consistency and always has a great flavor. The only downside is that there is no protein in it, which would make it even better. 

Grade: A

Round 1 Pick 2: French Onion, Hank

Frankly, this is a soup that I think is super overrated. However, so many people believe it is the best soup, so I simply cannot give it a bad ranking. So either way, good pick from Hank. Many people probably view it as their number one soup. 

Grade: A

Round 1 Pick 3: Pho, PFT

I have never had pho. Many people told me to try it when I released my soup tier list. It sounds good, but I don't know if it is quite popular enough to be taken in the first round. 

Grade: B

Round 1 Pick 4: Lobster Bisque, Eddie

This is a solid pick. You don't really see it on the menu everywhere, but when you do, you wanna try it. It is usually very hearty and it will fill you up. Plus, lobster is just exquisite. It is truly a great way to start your favorite meal. 

Grade: A

Round 1 Pick 5: Chicken Noodle, Chief

Now how did this fall all the way to number five? This is probably the most popular soup in the country and for good reason. It has the highest floor of any soup in the world. You will never get a bad bowl of chicken noodle.

Grade: A+

Round 2 Pick 1: Butternut Squash, Chief

Welp, he goes from a great pick to a terrible one. While I don't think the soup is exactly terrible, it is not the sixth-best soup. This is definitely one that should have gone later in the draft. 

Grade: C

Round 2 Pick 2: Cream of Chicken and Rice, Eddie

This is a solid pick. It isn't one that will knock your socks off, but it is definitely in any reasonable person's soup rotation. 

Grade: B

Round 2 Pick 3: Clam Chowder, PFT

I'm not a huge fan of clams, but chowder is a solid soup. I'm a fan of cream-based soups, so I will always hold them in higher regard. 

Grade: B

Round 2 Pick 4: Tomato, Hank

Great pick. Tomato soup is the left tackle that you draft and play for fifteen years. It isn't the flashiest but it tastes good. It also pairs well with many items. Finally, it is tremendous on a cold day. 

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 5: Beef Ramen, Dave

Ramen has become crazy popular in recent years, but unfortunately, I have not hopped on the trend. I think it is a bit of an overdraft this early, but people still seem to like it. 

Grade: B

Round 3 Pick 1: Minestrone, Dave

Minestrone is a very solid soup. It isn't my favorite soup, but it gets the job done. I like a tomato base and it is full of vegetables. Just an overall solid pick. 

Grade: B

Round 3 Pick 2: Gazpacho, Hank

I do not support cold soups.

Grade: F

Round 3 Pick 3: Chicken Pot Pie, PFT

This is a soup with a lot going on, which I respect. A good chicken pot pie soup can be a whole meal, which most soups can't be. 

Round 3 Pick 4: Loaded Potato, Eddie

This is an ELITE pick. Loaded potato soup is one of the best. It's cheese-based, which is so good. Then, when you add bacon and potatoes, you just get an elite combination. This also goes great in a bread bowl. Honestly, I cannot believe this made it to the third round. 

Grade: A+

Round 3 Pick 5: Pork Ramen, Chief

Same analysis as Dave's but maybe a slightly better outlook as it was taken later in the draft. 

Grade: B+

Round 4 Pick 1: Mulligatawny, Chief

This is a terrible pick, nobody has ever had this soup. 

Grade: F

Round 4 Pick 2: Miso, Eddie

I don't know why this pick was shit on so much. It isn't amazing, but it is a good pallet cleanser, which is all you really need it to do. 

Round 4 Pick 3: Chicken Tortilla, PFT

This is an incredible value pick. You get a little bit of everything. Protein, spice, some beans and vegetables, and a bit of a crunch. It is the perfect soup for a cold day because it will heat you right up. I honestly can't believe it made it to the fourth round. 

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 4: Corn Chowder, Hank

I'm not gonna lie, corn chowder stinks. It isn't particularly good at anything and it is almost an afterthought in the soup game. Most people never seek out corn chowder, they only eat it if it's there. 

Grade: C

Round 4 Pick 5: Cream of Mushroom, Dave

Truthfully I didn't know people even ate cream of mushroom soup. I assumed it was only used in recipes. Either way, it is just mushroom and cream, which is not very good. And I even like mushrooms! Weird pick for Dave. 

Grade: C

Round 5 Pick 1: Wonton, Dave

Wonton soup is pretty good. It is a nice complement to a Chinese meal. It also has a pretty good broth, which I appreciate. However, wonton soup is not on the elite tier of soups. 

Grade: B-

Round 5 Pick 2: Taco, Hank

I've never had taco soup, but it sounds delicious. With that being said, this probably isn't an amazing selection from Hank. It isn't super popular or well-known. 

Grade: B

Round 5 Pick 3: Avgolemono, PFT

I don't think this is an amazing pick overall, but since it is the fifth round I like to let stuff slide a bit. It won't play well on the graphic, but I think PFT's draft is good enough that this won't really hurt him. 

Grade: C+

Round 5 Pick 4: Tomato Rosa Marina, Eddie

This is a quality soup. It may not have the name recognition as the others, but it is very good. 

Grade: B+

Round 5 Pick 5: Tuscan White Bean, Chief

Honestly, I am not a huge fan of bean soups in general. I think too many beans can leave a weird taste in your mouth and they obviously give you gas. But this pick is fine, not amazing or bad. 

Grade: B-


Sorry everyone for the late grades, but life happens. I think PFT wins this week, his draft is just better than the rest. 

Predicted Winer: PFT


Comments

Popular Posts