Barstool Chicago Fall Draft Grades

Round 1 Pick 1: College Football, Cons 

Great pick. I personally like college football more than the NFL at this point. The games just mean so much more to the fans. Also, there is so much more pageantry and tradition in college. NFL is too corporate nowadays. The return of college is also bigger because it comes first. 

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 2: Pumpkin Spice, Kelly 

I am a huge pumpkin spice guy, but I do not think it is the second-best thing about fall. I think it is a pretty good pick but just taken a bit early. Also, it comes out in August now, way too early for it in my opinion. Pumpkin should not be tasted at the beach. 

Grade: A-

Round 1 Pick 3: Thanksgiving, Dave

This is a phenomenal pick. Thanksgiving and Christmas are 1a and 1b in the best holidays. I honestly could have seen it going first overall because it is just that good. I love the food, the football, the parade, the time with family, and so much more. Everything about it is just great. 

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 4: Playoff Baseball, Eddie

Very underrated selection here. There is no environment in professional sports that can rival a playoff baseball game, maybe hockey. The crowds are big, they are loud, they stand the whole game, and they are living or dying on every pitch. Just great stuff. 

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 5: NFL, Chief

Although I said I like college football more, I still love the NFL. It is also crazy that it made it to number five. Very good pickup from Chief. 

Grade: A+

Round 2 Pick 1: Sleeping with Windows Open, Chief

Meh, this pick doesn't do a ton for me. I like sleeping with the windows open, but I would have drafted many other things over it. 

Grade: B-

Round 2 Pick 2: Halloween, Eddie

I know everyone loves Halloween, but I think it is very overrated. It is a fine holiday, but it is completely corporatized. I love family aspects of holidays that we simply do not get with Halloween. I guess your love for it comes in waves, but it just isn't for me. With that being said, it is obviously incredibly popular, so it is a good pick. 

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 3: Dirty Halloween Costumes, Dave

This is a classic White Sox Dave pick and I just have to say bonk. But yeah it is a solid pick. Every guy's first Halloween of college is unforgettable because of this. 

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 4: Fall Candles, Kelly

Solid pick. I would say fall is the season with the best scents and this is a great way of showing it. With that being said, it was probably picked a little too high.

Grade: B+

Round 2 Pick 5: Outdoor Fire Pit, Cons

Who doesn't love a good bonfire? Sitting out with your friends. Making smores, drinking, and talking; it's just a great way to spend a night. I think this is also an activity that can be fun for all ages. Overall, I like the pick and think it falls in a good spot. 

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 1: Fall Foliage, Cons

As someone from the Northeast, people from other parts of the world simply do not understand the beauty of fall foliage. Maryland isn't even as good as some places in New England, but it is just beautiful. 

Grade: A+

Round 3 Pick 2: Rainy Days, Kelly

Weird pick. This isn't something I immediately associate with the season of fall. I actually associate them more with spring. Although, I appreciate them more in the fall as they let you stay inside. A rainy day is good for sitting around and watching movies with the family, which is not really something you do when it is a rainy day in the other seasons. 

Grade: B-

Round 3 Pick 3: Deer Season, Dave

Extremely regional pick. I live pretty rurally and people around me aren't even that excited for deer season. I think the pick is fine, but not amazing. 

Grade: B-

Round 3 Pick 4: First Day of Crisp Air, Eddie

This is a very good thing about the fall. It is great to feel the crispness in the air. A little bit of wind jus makes you feel good. I don't love the cold, but the first crisp day is different. 

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 5: Crew Neck Sweatshirts, Chief

As a bigger fella, I love hoodie season. It makes you look a little slimmer, your clothes aren't as tight, and you feel warm. It is a tremendous combo. Crew necks aren't new, but have become a bigger trend in recent years and I love em. They feel less bulky than a regular sweatshirt.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 1: Pumpkin Reese's, Chief

Back-to-back strong picks from Chief. The pumpkin Reese's cup is definitely the best shape. Idk why it is so good but it just does. 

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 2: High School Football Playoffs, Eddie

This is a bit of a miss. When you are in high school it means something, but after those four years, most people could not care less. 

Grade: C

Round 4 Pick 3: Case of Beer on Deck, Dave

This isn't a very good pick. Winter is definitely a better season to store your beer outside. It's fall here in Maryland and it's gonna be 80 degrees next week. This is like saying I love taking the beer right from the shelf and drinking it. 

Grade: D

Round 4 Pick 4: Soup, Kelly

Great pick. They literally just had a draft about this. Everyone loves soup and fall is the best time to have it. Also, if this makes sense, sometimes winter is too cold to have soup? Maybe I am weird but it is just a thought I have. Great pick though.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 5: Fall Movies, Cons

I mean what counts as a fall movie and what doesn't? Is every football movie a fall movie? I think this should've either been a scary movie or a certain kind of fall movie. Either way the pick is solid because he has so many options. 

Grade: C+

Round 5 Pick 1: Fall Wardrobe, Cons

Time to contradict myself because I do feel like this is a bit more specific. There are certain kinds of clothes that just represent fall. Flannel, sweats, boots, vests, etc. are just all great fall items. 

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 2: Crunchy Leaves, Kelly

Incredible pick. I love the crunchy leaves. Walking on a sidewalk and just jumping on leaves are awesome. 

Grade: A+

Round 5 Pick 3: Crock Pots, Dave

Meh, crock pot meals are not my favorite. 

Grade: B

Round 5 Pick 4: Outdoor Spooky Events, Eddie

I personally don't love these events, I just hate being scared. But, I can see the appeal of them. It is essentially inserting yourself into a scary movie. They are actually very cool activities as well. 

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 5: Leaves Burning, Chief

This just feels like a meh pick. Burning leaves smells okay, but they just are so hard to control. Those bad boys fly everywhere. 

Grade: B+


Interesting draft here, I feel like the two guests both had incredible drafts. I think Cons ends up winning. 

Predicted Winner: Cons


Comments

Popular Posts