Barstool Chicago MLB Hats Draft Grade

Round 1 Pick 1: 1983 Orioles, Carl

Alright, so I'm a bit biased, but I love the pick. I think the hat is great. It looks good, it's a good logo, has nice colors, great pick. But I would like to say a big fuck you goes out to Coley to associate the Orioles with losing, literally TWO years ago the Red Sox were below them in the division.

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 2: White Expos, Eddie

I think the hat is nice, however, I think it is the worse Expos one. I think the all blue one is better, personally. It is a fine looking hat and maybe worthy of a first-round pick, but it isn't my favorite. 

Grade: B

Round 1 Pick 3: White Original Blue Jay, Chief

Very clean-looking hat, with not too much going on. The logo looks crisp, the colors look nice, and it is overall a strong pick from Chief. Definitely think it was drafted in the right spot. 

Grade: A

Round 1 Pick 4: Seattle All Navy Gray Brim (Backwards), Coley

I have the same problem with this hat that I do with the Expos one. It is a good hat, but I think there are better variations of it. I think the teal brim is much better looking.

Grade: B

Round 1 Pick 5: 89-92 Angels, Dave

I really like this hat. It has a nice retro feel, it has a good color scheme, and it has a good logo. Overall the hat is very solid. Not much commentary, which will probably become a common theme in this draft, but I just like the hat.

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 1: White Sox, Dave

Eh. I think the White Sox hat is fine. But do I think it is the sixth-best hat ever? No. It is a good hat, but I think it would've been much better suited in the third or fourth round.

Grade: C

Round 2 Pick 2: All Black Florida Marlins, Coley

This is a very good hat. Once the Marlins rebranded from Florida to Miami, everything went down. This hat was awesome and one of the few hats from a different team that I actually wanted to own. Very good pick. 

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 3: Oakland A's Green Hat Yellow Brim, Chief

I like this pick from Chief, The A's had is solid, very plain, but solid. The colors are good and underrated in my opinion. But the hat doesn't "wow" me. So I can't grade it too highly. 

Grade: B+

Round 2 Pick 4: Powder Blue Royals, Eddie

Powder blues always play no matter what sport we are talking about. I used this uniform in my Diamond Dynasty last year, so I appreciate it being drafted. Very good pick from Eddie. 

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 5: Pirates 3 Gold Rings, Carl

Yuck. This is not a good hat. It is almost so ugly it's good, like a bulldog, but unfortunately it is not. Terrible pick from Carl.

Grade: D

Round 3 Pick 1: Giants, Carl

Great pick from Carl. The Giants' hat is a very solid hat. I always think orange and black is a nice color scheme and the logo just works. There is also something to say about when a team has a hat for so long it just becomes iconic. I just like the hat. 

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 2: Teal Marlins Black Brim, Eddie

So I am usually a fan of teal, however this hat just doesn't do it for me. It doesn't really look nice, especially when you compare it to the all black hat. Not an amazing pick for me. 

Grade: C+

Round 3 Pick 3: Mariners Teal Brim, Chief

See now this is a teal I like. I think teal looks a bit better as a brim as opposed to the main color of the hat. I like the mariners logo and the teal brim pops, great pick. 

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 4: 2004 Boston World Series, Coley

Shoot me. I mean the Red Sox hat is nice, but did we have to pick the world series one? Anyways, good pick.

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 5: Dodgers, Dave

Very simple design but it looks nice. It is like the Giants in the fact that it is iconic. It is a great hat, colors look good, good logo, and very recognizable. I like the pick especially in the third round.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 1: Red Cardinals STL Script, Dave

I also like this hat pretty much the same reasoning with the dodgers one. It is pretty good and it looks clean.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 2: 1950 Cardinal Bird Hat, Coley

Never knew about this hat until today but it looks nice. It's funny, the bird looks tough, and the hat color is nice.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 3: Phillies Maroon 80s, Chief

I've always liked this hat. It is definitely iconic and the color scheme is amazing, much better than the current Phillies one. I think the value in the fourth round is incredible for this. 

Grade: A+

Round 4 Pick 4: White 1998 Diamondbacks Hat, Eddie

I like the hat but I think all white is kinda meh. It wouldn't be the Diamondbacks hat I would pick with that logo though. So not the best. 

Grade: B

Round 4 Pick 5: 70s Brewers Mitt Hat, Carl

Great pick from Carl, it's a great logo and a great hat. Can't believe it lasted this long. 

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 1: All Blue Expos, Carl

Strong end to the draft. I think the all blue looks better than the white Expos hat and it works well in the fifth round.

Grade: B+

Round 5 Pick 2: Yankees, Eddie

I don't think the hat is anything special but the fact that you get the largest fanbase in the MLB in fifth round is enough to get an A in my book. 

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 3: Navy Braves, Chief

I've always liked the braves hat. Navy looks good, the logo is nice, and the red brim is sharp. Great pick from Chief right here to end a good draft. Also another big fanbase at the end of the draft.

Grade: A+

Round 5 Pick 4: 1994 Detroit Tigers w/Tiger, Coley

Fine hat but honestly a bit too niche for me.

Grade: B

Round 5 Pick 5: Blue and Orange Mets Hat, Dave

I mean it's the mets hat. It's ok, not my favorite but not amazing.

Grade: B

Predicted Winner: Chief

Predicted Loser: Dave

Comments

Popular Posts