Barstool Chicago Potatoes Draft Grade

Round 1 Pick 1: Standard French Fries, Large

Bad first pick. Standard french fries are probably the third or fourth best fry, maybe lower. An awful start for Large. 

Grade: D

Round 1 Pick 2: Cajun Waffle Fries, Eddie

Very good but niche pick, not my number one overall fry, but they are solid. I personally wouldn't have taken this second overall, but I can see the value in it. 

Grade: B+

Round 1 Pick 3: Loaded Baked Potato, Carl

Very strong, this is probably my number two non-fry potato pick. I love a loaded baked potato with a steak at a nice meal. Very filling, and honestly a very unique flavor. I can usually leave the sour cream off, but I don't mind it. I think the pick is good. 

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 4: Hash Browns, Dave

Ehhhh. I like hashbrowns, but I don't think they are a first-round pick. They're good at breakfast and everything, but I feel like I really need to be in the mood to have them. Overall good but a reach to me. 

Grade: B

Round 1 Pick 5: Mashed Potatoes, Chief

How the hell did mashed potatoes fall to fifth overall? It could have easily been picked at first overall. I'm absolutely shocked by this. Incredible pick.

Grade: A+

Round 2 Pick 1: Tater Tots, Chief

Mashed potatoes and tater tots! That might be the best back-to-back in a lineup since Ruth and Gehrig. Tater tots are incredible, what an amazing pick from Chief.

Grade: A+

Round 2 Pick 2: Curly Fries, Dave

Curly fries are personally my number one fry and I definitely would have taken them first overall if I had the chance. They just taste different, maybe it's the seasoning or the way they are cooked, but all curly fries just tasted different than regular fries. Good pick from Dave. 

Grade: A+

Round 2 Pick 3: Potato Skins, Carl

Great pick. Potato skins are one of my favorite appetizer/party foods. It is great to share, enough to make you not hungry, but usually not enough to make you completely full. Plus who doesn't like a delicious combo of cheese, bacon, and potatoes? Simply exquisite. 

Grade: A+

Round 2 Pick 4: Potato Chips, Eddie

Ehhh, I think I would've waited to pick potato chips. I think they're good obviously, but probably think they may have been a bit better in the third round. 

Grade: B

Round 2 Pick 5: Potato Salad(American), Large

Oh no. Another brutal pick for Large. Potato salad is just ok and he took the worse version of it in my opinion. German potato salad is much better to me, but that's neither here nor there. I just think the second round is a pretty massive reach for potato salad.

Grade: C

Round 3 Pick 1: Potato Roll, Large

Ok, this is a decent pick. I like the outside-of-the-box pick for him right now because his draft is less than stellar up to this point. Potato rolls are good, I enjoy them. Overall a decent pick in the third round. 

Grade: C+

Round 3 Pick 2: Twice Baked Potato, Eddie

Ehhh, twice-baked potatoes are just ok. It isn't bad or anything, however, I think there were better picks left on the board that he could've taken. 

Grade: B

Round 3 Pick 3: Potato Pancakes, Carl

Another pick that was just ok. Like potato pancakes are fine but they aren't amazing or anything. I enjoy a potato pancake. But again, there were better picks left on the board that should have been taken over it. 

Grade: B

Round 3 Pick 4: Potato Soup, Dave

Now this is a strong pick right here. I love me a good potato soup, especially if it has a little bacon in it. Just very good. However, the only knock I will give the pick is that it can be EXTREMELY hit or miss. It is very easy to have a watery potato soup, which is just awful. 

Grade: B+

Round 3 Pick 5: Au Gratin, Chief

I am a sucker for a nice au gratin potato. It is just so unique compared to most potato dishes. I think it is a very good dish and taken at a nice spot in the third round. Good pick from Chief. 

Grade: B+

Round 4 Pick 1: Gnocchi, Chief

Wow. This pick may have won the draft. Gnocchi could honestly be a late first or early second round pick. It is just an absolutely amazing pasta. What a great pick from Chief. 

Grade: A+

Round 4 Pick 2: Sweet Potato Casserole, Dave

Meh. This barely counts as a pick and honestly I don't even think sweet potato casseroles are even that good. Idk I think there were better picks available for Dave here and he didn't need to try and get cute.

Grade: C+

Round 4 Pick 3: Cheese Fries, Carl

It is a great pick, but also a bit of a cheap pick. The unique part here isn't the potato, it is the cheese. Because you can have cheese curly fries, steak fries, waffle fries, shoestrings, etc. So I don't love the pick, even though it will get some votes. 

Grade: B-

Round 4 Pick 4: Hash Brown Patty, Eddie

Strong pick right here. I don't love that it was able to be drafted, but that doesn't matter does it. I mean people are gonna think of McDonald's, which is an amazing hashbrowns. Honestly very good pick in the fourth round. 

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 5: Potato Croquette, Large

So did large just give up on the draft? I mean nobody is gonna know this pick. 

Grade: D

Round 5 Pick 1: Vodka, Large 

His first truly good pick of the draft. Honestly, I'm surprised it wasn't taken sooner. Too little too late though.

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 2: Shoestring Fries, Eddie 

Eh, it is pretty weak as far as fries go. Definitely on the lower end, but they are still fries, which I think is needed to have a good draft here. 

Grade: B+

Round 5 Pick 3: Vesuvio Potatoes, Carl

I've seen these potatoes before, I think, but I'm not so sure I've ever eaten them. They seem fine though, but Idk how many votes they will get. 

Grade: B-

Round 5 Pick 4: Steak Fries, Dave 

I actually think steak fries are awful. I feel like, in my personal experience, you usually get more bad steak fries than good ones. So not the best from Dave here. 

Grade: C

Round 5 Pick 5: Crinkle Cut Fries, Chief

A strong way to end a strong draft, crinkle cut fries are probably my third fry on the board and the fact that they were taken as Mr. Irrelevant is crazy to me. 

Grade: A+

Fairly easy this week.

Predicted Winner: Chief

Predicted Loser: Large (but he can't be left off so Eddie?)

Comments

Popular Posts