Barstool Chicago Toys Draft Grades

Christmas is right around the corner and what better way to prepare than a toy draft? The guys are joined by KFC this week and the draft was a good one.

Round 1 Pick 1: N64, KFC

While I am too young to have owned an N64, I can still sort of understand the hype around it and the pick. The first console to have a 64-bit graphic was revolutionary and it is just very nostalgic. The first console I ever got for Christmas was a Game Cube and that was awesome. So just the hype of any game console is worthy of a first overall selection. 

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 2: Sega Genesis, Chief

This isn't a bad pick for Chief, but it isn't a great one. It is a rough look to pick a not as good gaming console immediately after a better gaming console. The pick is still good but it isn't great to me for this reason.

Grade: B+

Round 1 Pick 3: BB Gun, Dave

I think the pick is fine, but I do not think that this is a universally agreed-upon gift that all ten-year-old boys want. Especially as the years go on. I got a BB gun when I was younger, but I don't think I ever asked for one for Christmas. I think the pick is fine but not amazing.

Grade: B-

Round 1 Pick 4: PS2, Carl

It's the same thing with Chief's pick. The pick is good but it is tough to have a better console taken in the same round. The only thing I think helps Carl is the Playstation brand is more powerful than the Sega brand in my opinion.

Grade: A-

Round 1 Pick 5: Super Soaker, Eddie

The super soaker is a good toy, but I don't think it is a first-round pick. I liked shooting my brother/friends with a water gun. I just think the one problem is that it gets boring pretty quick. Like you can't really play with super soakers for hours. So for that, I have to grade it a little worse.

Grade: B

Round 2 Pick 1: Wiffle Ball Set, Eddie

I love Wiffle ball. I could play it forever with my friends. I used to love impersonating players batting stances and trying to hit moonshot off my brother. Also, doing home run derby will always play. Good pick.

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 2: Tamagotchi, Carl

I think the guys were giving Carl way too much shit for this pick. I think that the pick is good and will get a lot of votes. Even though it wasn't maybe the best toy, it's popular as fuck and will look really good on the graphic. 

Grade: A-

Round 2 Pick 3: Xbox, Dave

I don't really think it is in the same tier as the other gaming consoles. I think Xbox 360 would've been a better pick, but they are probably just a bit too old for that. The regular Xbox is fine, I will admit that it is revolutionary, but it just isn't quite as good as the other gaming consoles selected.

Grade: B

Round 2 Pick 4: Nerf Vortex, Chief

Very strong pick. Everyone loves the vortex. Not much to say, just a phenomenal pick from Chief.

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 5: Slip & Slide, KFC

Very good pick. It is a bit of a pain to set up, but it is awesome. It is so much fun. I again don;t have a whole lot to say, it is just a really good toy. 

Grade: A+

Round 3 Pick 1: Nerf Bow & Arrow, KFC

Eh. This isn't a great pick for me. Just regular Nerf guns are better in my opinion. I had a nerf bow & arrow that was slightly different than the one KFC had. It was cool but not as good as the regular Nerf guns. 

Grade: C+

Round 3 Pick 2: Nerf Ballzooka, Chief

This is a much better pick. It is a much more popular Nerf gun and a better one to me. Good pick from Chief,

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 3: Transformers, Dave

Good pick from Dave. This is one that truly has stood the test of time. Transformers are still huge to this day. It is the perfect blend of using your imagination and real toy. Very good pick from Dave.

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 4: Laser Tag, Carl

Bad pick from Carl. I had some sort of similar toy to Carl and it sucked. It just wasn't the same. Having a Nerf gun was a million times better.

Grade: C

Round 3 Pick 5: Dyno BMX Bike, Eddie

I never had a BMX bike, but just any bike, in general, is a good toy. I wish I grew up in an area where I could bike around with my friends everywhere, but sadly I did not. Anyways, getting a bike was also fun and honestly, I would still enjoy getting a bike, Good pick from Eddie.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 1: Sock Em Boppers, Eddie

Simple, but effective. The Sock Em Boppers were such an easy-to-use toy that gave you lots of fun. I never had them, but I had a handful of friends that did. It was just fun to beat up your friends with limited repercussions. However, I don't think the pick is tremendous.

Grade: B+

Round 4 Pick 2: Lego Millenium Falcon, Carl

Legos are awesome and the Millenium Falcon was the king. I was never the biggest Lego fan, but I understood why people liked them. My brother was a Lego fan and I used to like to destroy his buildings. Legos are good and I think this pick will get many votes especially since it fell to the fourth round. 

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 3: Razor Scooter, Dave

Great pick from Dave. I felt like a total badass riding around on my scooter. I was never great at riding it but I still felt cool as hell. It is a good pick from Dave.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 4: Ninja Turtle Action Figures, Chief

I was never a huge TMNT fan, but I respect it. Pretty popular and a lot of people liked them. Good pick from Chief here.

Grade: A-

Round 4 Pick 5: Tyco Rebound, KFC

This is the first pick that I really know nothing about. I mean like RC cars, but I always felt they were a bit gimmicky and not that fun. But it sounded like they liked it so I'll have to give it a solid grade. 

Grade: B+

Round 5 Pick 1: Play-Doh, KFC

Probably the best toy for kids under six years old. It was simple, easy, and good for some fun. It is also one that has truly stood the test of time.

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 2: Bouncy Ball, Chief

I mean I like bouncy balls, but I don't think it would be in my top five toys in a draft. It is a toy you play with for five minutes at a time and forget about for two months. It's not awful, but not something I would pick.

Grade: C

Round 5 Pick 3: K'NEX, Dave

K'Nex is ok. It isn't as good as Legos or Lincoln Logs, but it's a decent toy. I wouldn't draft it but I understand why it was drafted. 

Grade: B-

Round 5 Pick 4: Little Tikes Hoop, Carl

I loved having my little tikes hoop in my basement. I don't have a ton of memories from way back then, but I do remember playing with this. It was fun and you could play for a long time. It also helped you stay active as a kid, which I think is important. 

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 5: Gameboy, Eddie

Wow, great pick. I had a Gameboy color and I could play on it for hours at a time. I loved playing pokemon yellow. Great pick especially in the fifth round, honestly it could be a first-round talent. 

Grade: A+

This was definitely an interesting draft. There isn't a clear winner in this one. I think KFC and Chief both have solid drafts. Chief dropped the ball taking Bouncy ball. I also think Eddie had a good one, especially with Gameboy at the end. In fact, I think Eddie wins, he is the only one without a flat-out "bad" pick. 

Predicted Winner: Eddie

Predicted Loser: Carl

Comments

Popular Posts