Barstool Chicago NFL Draft Grades

It's football season! The Chicago crew is back and they are drafting their NFL team based on different decades of players. They are joined by former NFL Olineman Willie Colon. It was a good draft!

Round 1 Pick 1: Walter Payton, Carl

Don't get me wrong, Walter Payton is the best running back ever. I wouldn't have taken him first overall. You never pick a running back in the first round, that's drafting 101. Still a good pick that will get votes.

Grade: B+

Round 1 Pick 2: Randy Moss, Willie

Randy Moss is a beast, but he isn't the best receiver of all time. I have him second behind the obvious Jerry Rice. I don't think it is a bad pick, but it is hard to grade it well when you pick the second best option.

Grade: B

Round 1 Pick 3: Jerry Rice, Eddie

He got the best player at their position. It's a very strong pick from Eddie. There isn't much to analyze here, it's just a very strong pick.

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 4: Barry Sanders, Chief

Very strong pick from Chief. However my principle still stands, can't pick a running back in the first round. Pick will still get a lot of votes because Sanders was sweet.

Grade: B+

Round 1 Pick 5: Ladanian Tomlinson, Dave

Now, this is an interesting pick. LT is an absolute monster when it comes to touchdowns. He was also a very good dual-threat seeing that he was a strong runner and a receiver. I do think this was a bit of a reach though. Finally, no RBs in the first.

Grade: B

Round 2 Pick 1: Rob Gronkowski, Dave

I disagree that Gronk is the best tight end ever. I do think he is top three. The problem with Gronk is his peak was insanely high, but it was not very long. I also think it was odd to pick a tight end this early, especially when I don't think many people really value one TE over another.

Grade: C+

Round 2 Pick 2: Tom Brady, Chief

I mean finally. Should've been first overall. Literally the best ever. I hated Brady in New England, but I've learned to love him over the past year and a half. Best pick in the draft.

Grade: A+

Round 2 Pick 3: Peyton Manning, Eddie

Very solid pick. I personally think Manning is the second best QB ever, but I could see how people could argue that Montana is better. I think it's a good pick and it will get a lot of votes.

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 4: Dan Marino, Willie

Dan Marino is awesome, but he isn't the best QB of his decade. However, I personally think Marino is way cooler than Montana. He was in Ace Ventura for crying out loud. What a stud. Good pick, but not great in my opinion.

Grade: B+

Round 2 Pick 5: Calvin Johnson, Carl

Megatron is definitely 2010s in my opinion. He was an absolute beast. Far and away the best receiver of his decade, only other one that is close is maybe Julio? He is an absolute stud and has one of the best nicknames of all time. 

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 1: Terrell Owens, Carl

I like TO. He's a great receiver. I think that he is a bit polarizing so it might not be the best for votes in the long run.

Grade: B-

Round 3 Pick 2: Marshawn Lynch, Willie

Hmmm, very interesting selection. I don't really think Marshawn is a great pick but he is a good pick. I don't know if he was ever considered the best runningback in the league. Maybe I'm wrong.

Grade: B

Round 3 Pick 3: Adrian Peterson, Eddie

By far the best runningback of his generation. I honestly can't think of a clear number two, maybe Frank Gore? Very good pick from Eddie.

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 4: Larry Fitzgerald, Chief

I always love the stat that Larry Fitzgerald has more career tackles than drops. Great stat. He may not be the flashiest guy, or the strongest, or maybe even the fastest. But he is just so reliable. I'd really love if the Ravens signed him since he is still a free agent. With that being said I would say he is the third or fourth best receiver of the 2010s. Good pick, to me.

Grade: B+

Round 3 Pick 5: John Elway, Dave

Very stong selection. I feel like he is often forgotten nowadays when people talk about the greatest QBs of all time. He is incredibly good and he is undoubtedly the most talented QB of the 90s. Great pick from Dave.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 1: Julio Jones, Dave

Current day Julio Jones is a bum. I still don't understand why people think Julio is still a top tier receiver, he simply isn't anymore. If I were to pick a current receiver I'd probably go for Hopkins, Adams, Diggs, etc. Definitely not Julio.

Grade: C

Round 4 Pick 2: Tyreek Hill, Chief

I don't think Hill is the best receiver of the current group, however I could see the argument. He is one of the most entertaining players in the NFL right now, he can score on literally any play. Absolute stud.

Grade: A-

Round 4 Pick 3: Travis Kelce, Eddie

By far the best current tight end. He is a tough motherfucker. I really like him even if he somewhat seems like a hardo. Some of the best hands in the league right now in my opinion. I personally think he is way more important to the Chiefs than Tyreek. Great pick.

Grade: A

Round 4 Pick 4: Marvin Harrison, Willie

I think people forget how good Marvin Harrison is. He was just not as flashy as some of the other guys. I also think he is a step below some of the other guys that were taken.

Grade: B

Round 4 Pick 5: Shannon Sharpe, Carl

Great pick. One of the best tight ends ever. I think Shannon Sharpe has gone too far into the hot take world for people to differentiate him the football player and him the media personality. Good pick nonetheless.

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 1: Patrick Mahomes, Carl

Not much to say. He is by far the best current QB. Incredible value in the fifth round.

Grade: A+

Round 5 Pick 2: George Kittle, Willie

Good pick. Kittle isn't as good as Kelce, but he is a more well-rounded tight end than Kelce in my opinion. He is also probably the toughest guy in the league, who isn't in the trenches. Very good pick.

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 3: Chris Carter, Eddie

I think Michael Irvin is a tad overrated and Chris Carter is a tad underrated. So I like the pick from Eddie here. Unfortunately Carter isn't a sexy pick and he probably won't garner many votes. 

Grade: B

Round 5 Pick 4: Mark Bavaro, Chief

I've never even heard of Bavaro. This doesn't bode well for Chief. I mean I'm sure he is good, but he just won't get many votes from your average fans like the rest of them. 

Grade: C

Round 5 Pick 5: Steve Largent, Dave

Very strong pick from Dave. I never watched Largent, but I just know how good he is and I feel like the average fan knows how good he is.

Grade: B+

This will be a tough draft. Chief is very strong beside the tight end. Carl has a very good draft. I think Carl may slightly edge out Chief.

Predicted winner: Carl

Predicted loser: WSD

Comments

Popular Posts