Barstool Chicago MLB Stadiums Draft

Baseball is back and the Chicago boys are drafting MLB stadiums. In my opinion, Baseball has the best stadiums of any professional sport in America. They are the only ones that are really unique and feel a bit like home. Anyways, the crew is joined by unbiased national journalist Jared "The Rocket" Carrabis. This was a nice draft and will definitely get you ready for opening day.

Round 1 Pick 1: Wrigley Field, Chief 

I wouldn't say Wrigley is the obvious number one pick for everyone, but for me it is. I've never been there but I know how awesome it is. I also know that it tends to get fewer complaints than Fenway, which is why I think it's better number one overall.

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 2: Fenway Park, Dave 

I think Fenway is also clearly a top-two pick and I like it second because there are a few things wrong with it such as the small seats. Good pick.

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 3: Dodger Stadium, Eddie

I've always wanted to go to Dodger stadium. It looks like it has a great atmosphere, the team is always good, and you can't beat the LA weather. With that being said I do know it's incredibly expensive and getting out of the stadium can take hours. Overall solid, but there are better parks still on the board.

Grade: B+

Round 1 Pick 4: PNC Park, Carl

This is a stadium I have been to and it is awesome. It's has a nice vibe, everyone there is friendly, and Pittsburgh is a surprisingly good city. I have no complaints about this park.

Grade: A+

Round 1 Pick 5: Petco Park, Jared

Great stadium, great weather, and now a great team. I can only assume that the stadium will be buzzing as they allow more fans there (which could be in 2025 going by California rules). It's definitely on my bucket list to visit one day.

Grade: A 

Round 2 Pick 1: Oracle Park, Jared

I personally think this pick would've been better in the first round because it seems to have more character than Petco Park. A lot of baseball stadiums have a mixture of history and modernity and Oracle is one of the best to do it. The brick right field is also a nice touch.

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 2: Camden Yards, Carl

So I may be biased since I am an Orioles fan, but Camden Yards definitely could've been first-round material. It was the original "old-fashioned" modern stadium. The warehouse is great, there isn't a bad seat in the house. It just sucks that the O's stink. But in a few years that O in the national anthem will be louder than ever. Great pick from Carl.

Grade: A+

Round 2 Pick 3: Kauffman Stadium, Eddie

I've always thought this stadium seems to be a bit overrated. The fountains are cool and the stadium seems nice, but the skyline is trash. It looks like they plopped it down in the middle of a random field. A good but not great pick.

Grade: B+

Round 2 Pick 4: Coor's Field, Dave

The best word to describe Coor's is charming. It's in a great location, it has the trees in centerfield, it's a nice brick building. The whole place is just completely and utterly charming. I don't watch a whole of the Rockies, but their stadium just seems so nice.

Grade: A

Round 2 Pick 5: Busch Stadium, Chief

If we are ranking stadium skylines, Busch might win number one hands down. The arch in centerfield is awesome and whatever urban planner/stadium designer came up with that deserves a gold medal. It seems like a great stadium and it is definitely on the bucket list.

Grade: A

Round 3 Pick 1: T-Mobile Park, Chief

I really didn't think this was that great of a pick. It has weird shadows because of the large retractable roof, which is a bit of an eyesore, in my honest opinion. It looks nice, but I don't think it was third-round nice.

Grade: B-

Round 3 Pick 2: Guaranteed Rate Field,  Dave

So I'm not gonna bash the pick too much because I understand Dave had to pick it, but I honestly have no desire to visit this stadium. There really doesn't seem like there is anything that would draw me in aside from the nice video board. It has no character and seems like very little thought was put into it.

Grade: C+

Round 3 Pick 3: Citi Field, Eddie

The stadium itself is fine, but the surrounding area isn't amazing. It's kinda in a dumpy area of Queens. With that being said the ballpark itself is nice and has a good mix of luxury and things for the common man.

Grade: B+

Round 3 Pick 4: Truist Park, Carl

I like the pick from Carl here, I figured it probably would've gone second round, so late third is solid. It's a very new stadium but looks like it has a bit of an old charm. Quality selection.

Grade: A-

Round 3 Pick 5: Target Field, Jared

This stadium strikes me as good, not great. Like it is good enough for a third-round selection, but I'm not dying to go here. I would say it's a good value pick in this round. I would compare it to a receiver that you're not sold on, but get's you a few decent third down catches.

Grade: B

Round 4 Pick 1: American Family Field, Jared

The name change is an absolute sin. Miller Park was an absolutely awesome name. I know the stadium is retractable, but I almost always see it as a dome, which is a bit underwhelming. The beer slide is awesome for home runs and I hope Yelli gets some bombs for all of us to see this year.

Grade: B

Round 4 Pick 2: Yankee Stadium, Carl

It's kind of sad how the richest and most well-known team in baseball has a fourth round stadium. It's very underwhelming for the Yankees, it looks nice but could be better. However, if we look at the remaining stadiums I would say it was the second best available, so I'll give it a decent grade.

Grade: B

Round 4 Pick 3: Progressive Field, Eddie

I thought this was kind of a bad pick. Cleveland is a pretty lame city. The stadium looks kind of meh, but the skyline is nice.

Grade: C+

Round 4 Pick 4: Comerica Park, Dave

I think this is honestly a pretty bad pick from Dave. First, you have to go to Detroit, which is already points taken away. Second, the stadium just doesn't look great. It looks like you are very far away from the action and super spread out. It almost looks like a bowl for a college football team.

Grade: C

Round 4 Pick 5: Great American Ballpark, Chief

I might give this pick an A off of name alone. Great American Ballpark is a top five name in all of baseball. I think this park easily could've been picked in the third round. The steamboat in center is cool, the area around is pretty nice, and the fans are pretty passionate.

Grade: A

Round 5 Pick 1: Globelife Stadium, Chief

I think you get some great value purely form the stadium being so new. However, it does look like a toilet bowl. But that is a very minuscule detail as it won't really impact your game day experience. A solid pick from the ten left on the board. 

Grade: B

Round 5 Pick 2: Minutemaid Park, Dave

I don't love the stadium, but I do love the train in left field. It was also fucking awesome when Juan Soto hit that absolute rocket onto the train tracks in the 2019 world series. It's a pretty average stadium all around, but I don't think it is a terrible pick.

Grade: B-

Round 5 Pick 3: Chase Field, Eddie

Besides the pool, this stadium has no redeeming qualities. But it is very sweet when someone hits the pool. A decent pick.

Grade: C+

Round 5 Pick 4: Citizen's Bank Stadium, Carl

It's a fine ballpark. Unfortunately, it isn't in downtown Philly and you really can't walk to it from downtown so the location is a bit poor. Other than that it's a solid pick.

Grade: B

Round 5 Pick 5: Marlin's Park, Jared

There wasn't much left but I personally would've gone with Nats Park or Rogers over Marlins park. They took the stadium out which is a massive L and the dome is almost always closed, which sucks. Not the best pick from the Rocket.

Grade: C-

This draft was a bit tough to grade because there were very few outwardly bad picks. I do however think Chief got the steal of the draft by selecting the Great American Ballpark in the fourth round.


Predicted Winer: Chief

Predicted Loser: Eddie

Comments

Popular Posts